Thursday, November 29, 2012

Duster Socks

 
I recently ran out of the cloths that attach to my floor duster. I had recently scored five skeins of my favorite cotton yarn and decided to knit up a few replacements. I modified a pattern I found on line.

The new "socks" grab plenty of the dust, cat hair and flotsam and jetsam that accumulates on my hardwood floors. When I'm done, the socks go into the wash to be cleaned for the next cleaning day.

Whenever possible, I prefer things that don't leave La Casa once they've arrived. Food, for example. I hate to throw away anything edible. Any veggies that are too tired for soup go into the compost bin to become soil for next year's veggies. I develop meal plans that use up all the meat products we buy.

I didn't use many duster cloths and I know that it won't make a significant difference in the landfills if there are a few fewer.  It is more a mindset shift to go to reusable cloths. And I like having a quick and easy knitting project!

No comments:

Post a Comment